Skip to main content

StreamLINE Artist Feature & Interview : MARIA RODHE

StreamLINE Artist Feature & Interview : MARIA RODHE

Hi everybody, hope you're enjoying your weekends! Today, we're shining the spotlight on our latest feature artist in the Interview Series.



In this installment, we have the pleasure of bringing you our talk with emerging pop recording artist Maria Rodhe who is carving a unique niche in the music industry.



Read on to learn more about her music journey, projects and what sparks her creativity. Enjoy!



- Hi Maria, Welcome to StreamLINE! Thank you for taking some time out to speak with us about your artistry and music career. We’re looking forward to our audience learning more about you. Thank you for sharing your story. We appreciate it!

- Please tell us a bit about your background, where you’re from etc. What were your early music influences?

I grew up in the suburbs south of Stockholm but at the age of ten I started in music school in central Stockholm. As of then, my roots are have been scattered all over our beautiful town.

My first cassette tape was with the Swedish singer Carola, after she won the Eurovision Song Contest, 1983. Manhattan Transfer played on repeat by my parents and I remember me and my bestie Malin doing singback to ABBA’s ”Arrival” in her living room, back in 1982. I think this is were my love for singing in harmonies grew strong.

In my teens The Beatles totally stole my musical heart even if I also fell in love with The Cure for their lyrics and darker melodies. New Kids on the Block was prevalent for some time with their catchy tones, rhythm and rhymes.



- What was the defining moment or time in your life when you decided to pursue music on a professional level?

I don’t have a defining moment, I got an opportunity at a time in my life where I had the possibility to do something for me… only, and I took it. This was in a period in my life where I had started to question many things and thus aslo started to invest in myself to understand who I really am and why. 



- How would you characterize your sound and what inspires your creativity? Is it actual life events/experiences or just a vibe that you get?

The sound is naked vocal pop with influences from rock and I love to add something unexpected to it as I believe that the more the better. I am not a minimalist when it comes to music.

Of course life experiences is part of it but in the studio, anything can happen and the vibes and current state of mind can add a twist to the song.



- Congratulations on your debut EP Happy Ending. It’s a tremendous project. Please tell us how the idea for the title came about. Also, what was the recording process like?

Thank you! Well, the EP is about the pursuit of love. When I recorded the songs this summer, I had finally reached what I hope is my destination. The final track, as well as the title of the EP itself, came like a natural thing.



Happy Ending

Listen to Happy Ending on Spotify. Maria Rodhe · Single · 2021 · 4 songs.



- How did the track “No Guts” develop? Please tell us the story behind it.

The story behind it is private but the message goes like this.



Instead of blaming someone else and punishing them by ghosting (leaving the other part hanging in empty pain), try to challenge your own fears and TALK about how your partners feel WITH your partner.



I believe that many relationships come to an ugly end these days. There’s little or minimal room for lack of communication and/or miscommunication. We’ve come to treat ”love” as something that can easily be replaced with a left swipe and.....and that mindset makes me sad.



To be able to love, you have to be brave enough to be vulnerable AND you have to put in some effort to make your partner feel special to you. The belief of a relationship without ”musts” will either die due to lack of effort or it will work on the cost of someone else’s sacrifice. 



- Let’s play a game of word association! What’s the one word that comes to mind when you think of the four tracks from Happy Ending?

• One More Time: GRIT
• No Guts: Fear.
• Bed of Roses: Challenge.
• You and Me: Love



- What’s the best advice you’ve been given; either personally or professionally?

Love your self - first.



Maria Rodhe / Photo Credit : Photos by Hanna Sörqvist

- What activities do you enjoy outside of your music endeavors?

I love to simply hang out with my loved ones, work with content creation and to travel as it makes me appreciate what I have. Oh, and I love to eat and dance step.



- We love to hear what other music artists are vibing to. What are a few songs that are personally on repeat for you or at the top of the pack in your personal playlist?

I love Swedish pop music but I will mention the songs I listen to right now on repeat, that are not in Swedish.



Cold Heart - Elton John/Dua Lipa



Stay - The Kid LAROI, Justin Bieber



Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran



Good Days - SZA



Un Dia - Dua Lipa, J. Balvin, Bad Bunny, Tainy



- What’s next up musically for you as 2022 approaches and beyond? Any projects, features or live shows on the horizon? 

I will release a new single around New Year. This song was meant for Melodifestivalen (Swedish selection for Eurovision) but as I, foolish enough, saw the wrong application dates and missed out on the actual deadline, I will give you this one as a single instead.



Apart from that I am working on a new EP to be released during 2022.



I’d love to get invited to some TV- and/or Radio shows or podcasts to be able to grow the audience. I have a promo gig in December but apart from that it is pretty much business as usual.





Follow Maria Rodhe



- Official Website : https://mariarodhe.com/

- Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mariarodhemusic

- Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/maria_rodhe/

- Twitter : https://twitter.com/maria_rodhe
https://streamlinemusicblog.com/2021/11/11/artist-feature-interview-maria-rodhe/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

StreamLINE Music Review : LifeSpiral-MJR - "Chance Meeting" ft. YUPE (Rock/Pop/Alternative)

"Chance Meeting" is the latest single release by the internationally seasoned band, LifeSpiral-MJR. The eclectic band was established in 2011 by MJR, who himself is an acclaimed guitarist, composer and producer. This latest masterstroke of a composition is a wondrous collaboration with YUPE, who is a famed Japanese composer and producer. "Chance Meeting" captures the signature rock/pop/alternative fusion sound that makes the music of this band so appealing, while it also incorporates a traditional Asian-inspired instrumentation as presented so glowingly on previous singles like Dream Sakura , La Gloria and a song we covered recently Samurai Rock . Intriguing is a word that first comes to mind when defining the sound overall. It definitely holds an unmatched uniqueness and maintains a musicality that music lovers will gain an appreciation for. When asked how the idea and concept for "Chance Meeting" came together, MJR shares that the band " had approa

CHRISTINA AGUILERA PRESENTS LA LUZ The Final Chapter Of AGUILERA

NEWS PROVIDED BY SONY MUSIC Global superstar Christina Aguilera releases the final chapter of her AGUILERA project, La Luz. The third EP features a moving spoken-word intro and an all-new track “No Es Que Te Extrañe” along with the official music video, co-directed by Aguilera herself.  (YouTube link below) This emotionally charged power ballad marks the end to her deeply personal and captivating AGUILERA album, showcasing her like never before. Fans from every corner of the world will be entranced by the meaning and message behind the EP. “No Es Que Te Extrañe” is now available on all streaming platforms. Aguilera’s vocal prowess and emotional depth are on full display in this deeply moving power ballad. The first act of the song is a tender ballad complete with acoustic guitar accompaniment, which is brilliantly juxtaposed with an intense and entrancing second act characterized by a heightened ferocity and quickened tempo. Co-directed by Mike Ho and Aguilera and produced by Colin R

[Exclusive Interview] Acclaimed Director Kensuke Kawamura Reveals Behind-the-Scenes of His Music Video Production for ARASHI!

ARASHI Fans! He also unveils the original plot and unpublished storyboards of the music video for a song that you'd never imagine. Kensuke Kawamura, the director of the music videos and commercials, talks about his music video direction for ARASHI. Kawamura has directed music videos for numerous major artists in Japan and commercials for large corporations such as Coca-Cola, Asahi Beer and Nikon. He has won several awards at the prestigious Japanese music festivals such as VMAJ and MVA . — First, I’d like to thank you for taking the time to respond. You have provided me with such an intriguing story. I am just thrilled to be able to share it with the readers. “My apologies in advance. I just couldn’t keep my replies short. It is what’s going on behind-the-scenes of the creation.” — Not a problem. I asked for brief answers, so that no part of the interview would be omitted. WPVR Platinum Vibes Radio 's program director, Kevin James, kindly allowed me to post the uncut, unedited